Sunday, September 28, 2008


Hello!!
I am so glad you will be coming to Rhodes next year. It’s been so long since I saw you and I cannot wait to share my Rhodes experiences with you. At least you do not have to worry about finding your way around campus because I could be your atlas for the first few days. Hopefully after that it will not be so difficult.

There is so much more to university than meets the eye. Believe me; I had my fair share of experiences. All of them I remember well but nothing beats having to balance social life and your academic work. When you arrive you can’t really go out because you are not yet familiar with the places to go to and the people to go with. It takes some time to actually get the courage to go out, so most first year students would rather sit back and observe for a while before getting captivated by the night life.
You should try to at least squeeze in all your assignments before Friday, just to be on the safe side. Personally I dread the weekend .Not that I have anything against it .I just hate dealing with the pressure that comes along with it. Somehow I always manage to save my precious work for the last minute. Just when I think I should start planning my weekend extravaganza I realise that I should actually be planning an essay. And I wonder why they won’t just let us party, after all it’s what we Rhodents know how to do best.
But be warned, partying can be very addictive. This is because you will feel the need to let off some steam after struggling with assignment deadlines. Since they usually come on a Friday, you will probably indulge in a weekend of hard partying. So just make sure that no matter how much partying you intend to do, academic work always comes first. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
Yours sincerely,
The future you.

0 comments:

Its UUUUGLY!!!

Its UUUUGLY!!!